Tuesday, March 07, 2006

First, to those of you interested in Sub Zero tryouts, please contact me at tmurray at chem dot umn dot edu. Tryouts start the first weekend of May.

Second, Wanna Buy A Duck squeaked our semi finals last week in a 11-10 victory of a Flaming Moe sort of team. We started out down 0-2 w/ them scoring easily on the first point and then RG throwing is usual forehand into the track on our first O point. After that, we tied it back up at 2s. And eventually gained the lead at 6-4 after a couple of goals by our gals, my 3rd footblock of the season, and laser lefty break by CY. From there, Dave Klink of the opposition put on a second effort clinic has he made a couple of grabs near the sidelines and in the endzone to help keep his team alive. I expect a long post on rsd about the pros and cons of second effort catches soon.

I believe they tied it up at 6s, but our d would return to space it back open to 10-8. Forcing a couple of hammers to space. And by space, I mean empty space. We had a couple of chances to end the game there at win 11-8. And bad backhand into the endzone and a drop by me near the sideline allowed them to stay in the game at 10-9. I will blame the drop on me trying to stay upright rather than falling down on the ground. At 10-9, we would huck it away and they would march it down to tie it up at 10s. This would be the last point, although the other game had stopped roughly 10 minutes before that. But we kept playing. We receive and again turn one over near the goalline. This time we are able to shut them down and a RG break mark forehand to myself ends the game 11-10 and keeps our hope alive for a 3-peat. I am not sure what to compare that to, maybe a title run in the NBDL?

Next week, our game is against Rocket, the wily vets that we often face in this game. Because this will be a tough game in a tough guy place, it is no longer a game. It is a tilt. In case you did not know, whenever a game is big and more than a game, it becomes a tilt. Just list to ESPN, sports radio, or anything else. I hope you understand. Incidentally, nice choke by casual backhand. A couple of their best players did not even show. Scared under pressure...

Third, Lucinda Williams in concert = very cool. She is doing an acoustic tour and that was a good time. I just found out she wrote the song Passionate Kisses and I no longer feel embarrassed to like that song.

Fourth, politics alert. Minnesota caucus tonite, I am going and I hope to support this guy. Anyone who lives in Minneapolis please check this site out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I now count myself as one of the best players on Casual Backhand - even though I did in fact show up, I did not play, and I assume you must have just not seen me on the sidelines. I got a haircut.

You just got yourself another vote for Jack. 7PM tonight, Minneapolitans.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Schmelz said...

I learned that I can still throw scoobers well despite having both of my hands wrapped tightly around my own neck.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home