Thursday, January 05, 2006

2006, time to get in shape. Now that I am old and only a club player, there is no need to stay in shape all year round. Or no good reason. So, I take all of November off. Start thinking about running in December. And now, finally, I begin.

January in Minnesota is not the easiest time to get in shape. It does not bother me that much b/c I grew up near Lake Michigan so cold, wind chill, snow is normal. Although wind chill below 0, then that bothers me.

My first week is fairly easy. I mainly run to get into shape. I will start going to the gym occasionally when school starts to ride the bike, play some ball, or maybe even lift a weight.

So far, it has been every other day. 23 min Sat, 20 min Tue, and today 15 min. Not much, I like to slowly ease into it. The pace is ~7 min/mile. I think that is the pace I can always hit no matter what. By the end of the season, I *think* I can get that closer to 6:30, but not too sure. The first week is just making sure I want to do this and I feel like getting in shape. Right now, the weather is beautiful for Jan. Upper 20s/lower 30s. No wind. No snow or ice on the sidewalks. It is as good as you can get....

This year I have decided to do push-ups and sit-ups everyday as well. Paco inspired me earlier in the season. I felt bad b/c I stopped short of the team goal due to a hand injury, but now I am trying to make that up. I have done 50/100 everyday. Before you say that is all, I am pretty sure I had not done more than 200 pushups in my life before this year.

So 3 out of the 6 days I have ran. Not a bad start. Tomorrow will be a short run and the start of indoor frisbee. 50 minutes of look how good my throws are. I have yet to lose a game inside the Minneapolis Y. I look forward to continuing that streak this year.

Oh, holiday music that I acquired. White Stripes "Walking like a ghost" single, classic, they rule the music world. Death Cab, got as a gift, better than expected. Makes me want to get the cd with "sounds of settling on it". Coldplay, "X&y", ok, unsure of his voice. Some songs good, others ok. I swore I would never get a coldplay album b/c of that stupid yellow song. It was a gift, so I find that acceptable. Also, Pixies live dvd is excellent. And heard the Wilco live album. GOod if you like live albums. They would be on top if it were not for the stripes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

The CD with sounds of settling on it is transatlantacism. I think it is their best, others would disagree.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home