Thursday, March 02, 2006

This Friday will be huge on the pathway to a winter league championship, the semifinals. Coming in as the 2 seed, we pulled out a squeaker last week against sparkly pick-up team. I feel it was fairly decisive, but not quite sure. I stopped paying attention after I rolled my ankle a bit near the end of the game. Stupid old running shoes.

I showed rust as I have not played in awhile, electing instead to hang out with LT the past couple of Fridays. My first throw was a backhand about 5 yards too short to t-dub. After that, everything was ok. Until my ankle rolled. But I am an ultimate player, I would go back into the game.

Anywho, we play one of the Flaming Moe teams. I think we beat them one of the times I was not there, but not sure. So it should be a heated battle.

The other semis has the other team from Northfield alumni vs. a well decorated veteran minneapolis team. Everyone wants to rematch of us and other alumni team in the finals, but I would never look past an opponent.

(Incidentally, gametime is at 9 pm for those of you 6'2 or higher).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaiser said...

(Kang or Kodos voice)
"What are you implying?"

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Ryder and Tony are gone next week, so each person will need to take it upon him/herself and play 110%. We know our backs are against the wall, so we will come out fighting one point at a time. Games aren't played on paper. Anything less an a championship is unacceptable. Daytona always takes a lot out of a car. Every possession counts. He reminds me of another guy who wore number 23. It's a pretty simple game. All you have to do is score more points than the other guys.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home