Monday, January 16, 2006

Is it worse to feel cheated by a neutral party (ie ref in the steelers game) or by a player on the other team (ie frisbee)? I mean, can't you feel equally cheated in both cases? If I were a steelers fan, there is a good chance I would have gone crazy. Luckily, Peyton Manning was quarterbacking the other team.

So yeah, I watched a lot of football this weekend.

Winter League Update- 2-0. This game was much uglier for us, most likely b/c our fearless leader, Mr. Boardman was not there. I think we had no discipline. We won like 11-2 or 3 or something. My stat line was not as impressive as last time. 4 points played, +2 rating, 0 goals, 1 assist (not coed but upside down), 0 turns. I think playing most of my points with RG kills my stat line. I will have to change that.

The most important thing about that game was we had 3 hell points. Points of longer than 5 minutes. I was in for exactly 0 of those. Those points were equivalent to the 4 corners in college bball in the 80s. Just take the air out of the frisbee. We had a "stupidest" aka someone catches the disc in the air, clearly in bounds (with me saying, "plenty of room, plenty of room") and then throwing it before landing well in bounds.

My season stats are 11 points played, +9, 1 goal, 6 assists, 1 turn.

Workouts last week

Sun - Ran twice, 15 min to work and 10 min from work, I think running 2 shorter times in a day is very good for ultimate training.
Mon - nothing, only situps and pushups.
Tue - Ran 10 minutes + 90 minutes of bball. first bball in a long time. I could not hit anything outside of 12 feet. Luckily, I kept shooting.
Wed - Ran 22 minutes, the weather was great for Jan.
Thu - Nothing, What was my excuse? I forget, I had a good one.
Fri - Ran 10 minutes + played frisbee
Sat - Ran 26:30 minutes, longest run of the year. The first 20 minutes felt really good. I think I covered about 10o yards the rest of the time. Don't finish runs when you are out of shape going up a big hill. The weather is still awesome here.
Sun - Nothing, Absolutely nothing. I watched a lot of football. So a very mentally taxing day.

1 Comments:

Blogger TallE said...

Neutral party? Not hardy.

Is rolling on the ground for five yards and standing up not enough for possession?

Is crossing the neutral zone and touching an offensive player not encroachment?

Is tackling a receiver before the ball arrived not pass interference?

All I can say is, thank goodness for Colts place kicker Mike Vanderchoke.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home