Monday, January 09, 2006

Winter League started on Friday and my unbeaten streak at the MInneapolis Y continues. (On an unrealated topic, what was said about dog's o such that the pups website is down and out?)

Friday nite, we (wanna buy a duck) beat Big Red ~13-2 in our 50 minute game. Our team was slightly more experienced than this summer/fall league "co-ed" team. We are composed of Zero + Bait with some friends of the program sprinkled in. A deep roster of ~14 for 5-5 (3/2) co-ed ultimate. That big a roster is necessary when all your games are on Friday nite.

This year will be more challenging as we cart a little one around, luckily her bedtime is about midnite and everyone enjoys babysitting.

Anyway, to the game. I played awesome. I was just so stoked to be playing ultimate frisbee again. I was +7 (only played 7 points). I had 1 goal, 5 assists, but 1 turn, a breakmark deep flick that bladed a little more than I desired.

I thought in co-ed you got 2 points if you threw a goal to a girl, but you don't since 5 of the 6 goals I was involved in were co-ed scores and we never got 2 points. I do not think the women on the other team were used to women being thrown to.

I did fall down on my butt once b/c I was avoiding a collision (also a very important point of indoor ultimate). It seems I have lost coordination.

Our "cover 2" like defense was in full effect. Some say it is mean to play zone. We say we are just lazy not mean.

Ummmm, that is all I got.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

hmm. the realization that they are not collin powell in the bush administration, but monica lewinsky in the clinton?

rats. no anon comments. hey all in good fun seigs. a direct insult is a little out of my posting habits, but, its... just... so... there... dude.

5:37 PM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

md- i know nothing about the mudbowl thing. I just bought a washer and dryer so I am not sure if I am going to pla frisbee this year.

lllllimlllllib- our vaunted zone is something like a 131 with the men in the middle and the women on the wings. Although sometimes a woman runs the point. Key thing all the good upside down throwers are on our team or another vet zero team. So that is not a big deal. It sometimes morphs into a 221 or a diamond and 1. We try to make this work b/c man is a lot more running

2:00 PM  
Blogger twoks said...

Man 'o Man, I can't believe you guys beat Big Red. They're amazing!?!?!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home