Wednesday, March 15, 2006

3 time winter league champs! That is up there with 5 time Michigan College Sectional Champions.

We pulled it out either 10-8 or 11-9. Not sure which, but we did win 2. I think 11-9

We started on O, after a deep turn, I point blocked John John near our goalline and then caught the goal. We then had a chance to go up 2-0, but a throw to me hit the 18 foot mark on the wall. They tie it up.

Not sure what next, no turns to 3-3. We then went on a 2-0 run, to go 5-3. But they answered to tie it back up at 6s. There was a 2 or 3 hell points in there, in those points there were 3 hammers that hit a very small wire that runs across the width of the gym. Pretty amazing, since that has happened all of 2 times the rest of the year + the indoor tourney (at least that I have seen). Oh and Enge managing to beat someone deep. Still amazing after all those years.

Their strategy of hitting the wall and wire and ceiling was not working well.

We again take a 2 goal lead after a long o point, but we still win it after my 2nd point block of the day.

But if there is one thing that I have learned about team Rocket, is they do not quit. Severt threw a low invert for a goal and made a nice grab deep. Next thing you know, we are tied at 9s (maybe 8s)....

Hmmm, I forget how we scored our last O point. I am sure it was nice.

Our next point, which became the last point, saw them take a while to work it up near their goalline. I believe a poach d, a couple throws and I hit Robin deep for the game. And the song "We [still] Are the Champions" plays. A great way to start March Madness.

Of course, it dumped a foot of snow on us soon after. That's good, it was too early to get exciting for outdoor frisbee.

For those of you who do not know, Muffin is an asshole, but the rest of the Hodags aren't. Seriously, Hector you need to tell your boys how to use (or not use) rsd.

The tourney started yesterday. I love it, nothing beats the NIT. Go Blue! #1 seed baby.

Conversation I just had at work-
Me: "Man, I thought this reaction was faster"
Labmate: "Which bottle did you use?"
Me (pointing to bottle that I used): "This one."
Labmate: "Oh, that one does not work so well."
Me: "What do you mean it does not work so well? How do you know?"
Labmate: "I used it last week, my reaction did not work. I should have thrown it out." --Incidentally, it is 1 am and I am kind of bitter about this--

Currently, I am pittsnogled.

3 Comments:

Blogger em said...

Hi Tim,

Don't you think it's a little heartbreaking that Zach Puchtel, of all people, was so instrumental in getting Michigan into the NIT?

Perhaps if Michigan plays Minnesota in the NIT finals... when Lester Abram drives to the hoop with under 30 seconds left, it will be a *defensive* foul this time.

But then we wouldn't get to see the Puchtels cheering from the stands.

Emily

9:27 AM  
Blogger Seigs said...

I totally back the use of "pittsnoggle" as a verb...

Seriously, with trio of a guy named Pittsnogle, another whose name is pronounced "Air-Bear", and T-Shirt Guy, how can you not love West Virginia?

12:27 PM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

Emily - I feel I can't be too mad about the loss, since I proclaimed Zach Puchtel my favorite bballer this year after their IU game.

Well at least UM is still alive. Beating ND always makes me smile a little

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home