Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Silent blogs must be regional time

We are officially the #4 seed this upcoming weekend. And pool play with 16 teams. This is a little weird for me, as in the central we almost always used the double elim bracket (except in 2005, which we won, I will take that as a good sign). So Saturday is 4 games, with the semis or first round of the back doors as the last round of the day. Oh yeah, and rain too. I don't mind playing frisbee in the rain. I am not psyched about having 2 little kids out in the rain.

If winning is not enough of a motive on Saturday, then sleeping in should be. You make finals, you have until noon. If you don't make the finals, you have until 8 am. Various scenarios to play out from there with hopefully no one starting their rounds early.

In our pool is CTR, the #3 team from the Bay Area. I am no idea about this team besides we lost to them at Portland. Schadenfreude from Boise (4th team from our section) and Shotgun (2nd team from Seattle's section). It is weird to go into a regional and not know anything about my opponents. I went to central regionals for 9 straight years and had a scheme to adjust if our normal o/d did not work. In this case, I will be learning on the fly about those opponents.

If everything goes according to our plan (meaning we hold seed and get by the previous mentioned 3 teams), we have (probably) Shazam in the semis. They were the team that handled us the easiest at Spawnfest. So it would be good to have the chance to play them again. I did not feel we played our best and I am hoping that was just a hiccup and not something they did. Again, hopefully we get a chance to show them we had an off game in August.

Sunday there are too many factors to predict. And saying anything will be bad. Maybe I have already said too much.

Nothing else really to discuss, it is good to have the butterflies in my stomach. It should be a wet, fun weekend.

Workouts - pretty ez the past week. Resting and trying to make sure my gut is ok. The pain is pretty much gone, still a little sore, but I was able to do one sprint workout and also survived a practice on Sunday. Most importantly, after each day, I felt good.

Sprint workout - 8 x (50/100/50), 30 s between reps, 2 m between sets. The 100s were in the 12s (not low 12s, maybe like mid 12s Pbo).

This week's workout will either be 5 x (50/60/70/60/50) or the same minus the 70 yard sprint. Not sure if I will do the full or abbreviated workout. The other thing about moving out of the central region is that I am more worried about not making nationals. Back in Minneapolis, this was not a week to taper. In fact, a couple of times I remember trying to go extra tough on the stair workout that I would do the Thursday before regionals. Now, the legs need to be a bit fresher. Although we are driving over Thurs/Fri to Seattle, so probably 2 days off there. I think I am going to try to do the full workout, my legs should get plenty of rest.

OK, I don't think I gave any bulletin board material.

4 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Shotgun is from Portland, not Seattle.

12:17 AM  
Blogger dusty.rhodes said...

BULLETIN BOARD!!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

Ha Ha. Whoops. I really was thinking Portland, I swear.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

It probably won't be raining in Tulsa ! Where the heck is Tulsa anyway.
B

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home