Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Unhealthy Living

It is pretty ridiculous here. I mentioned before that was smoky. Now, it is very smoky. I mean less than 1 mile visibility smoky. It appears to be a major rainstorm at times outside. You would have no idea that there are mountains nearby, although today is not as bad as I can see the outline of them. AND it rains ash on a pretty regular basis. I guess most of it is from a fire in Idaho, but there is a pretty big fire 30 or so miles south of here. Click on the title above to get a smoke image of the area (we are in the little groove in the southwest part of the state).

What this means is: very unhealthy to be outside. And extremely unhealthy to workout outside. It would be like running 4 miles right next to a bonfire or something. There was still practice in Missoula yesterday, but we did not go since we felt bad taking our kids outside for that long. If I am out of whack at spawnfes/ecc, I will blame the fire.

So yeah, now we are very exciting to go to Seattle, b/c hopefully we will see the sun again or just regular clouds or something else than smoke.

On to workouts, a lot of easier stuff as we have had some visitors, so I have not invested the time in doing a lot of hard stuff:

Tues- off, smoke
Mon- rode exercise bike 30 min, lifted legs
Sun - 2 x (5/5/5 jog/hard/walk), ended with a 200. My legs felt tired, but it was a good workout. First 5 min hard was @ 5:40 pace (I got a little more than 1400), second 5 min hard was faster (I got ~1450). After a 5 min break, I ran a 30 second 200. I was pretty pleased with that. I have not run a 200 that fast in a long time. And that also probably means I could run the 5 min harder.
Sat - 30 minutes pushing the baby jogger
Fri - short stuff track workout, I talked about this previously, a lot of quick stuff, changing directions and some jumping and throwing. Oh, and I also rode the bike to and from work.
Thu - easy run, somehwere ~25 minutes
Wed - off
Tue - easier practice, the team still a little sore from Portland. Some drills, but mainly doing instructional scrimmages to make sure everyone is on the same page
Mon - 29 minute run - first 15 minutes pushing LT over to a babysitter's house
Sun - 30 minute - pushing baby jogger, just me and LT for 2 days, so she went everywhere with me.

Last, my COTD critique-

Kirkshank's throw - I don't think a bad decision as it appears the receiver had plenty of room, it was just a poor throw. Happens to even the best apparently.
Furious receiver - awkward bid, I am guessing he think he should have had it, but tough grab as it appears the Goat defender interferes with him. Not fouling him, but the furious went up as if no one was around or something. Still a turn on the thrower, but it could have been a COTD for the receiver if he makes the grab.
Goat throw - ummmm, the invert that sails the wrong way. It appears the throw is meant for the receiver on the bottom/left side of the screen, but loses the invert. Thus, it brings another, unsuspecting receiver into the play. And a very good defender. Oscar went up big and aggresively, a pretty nice d. It always feels good to get a d before the receiver knows/thinks about getting it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hh said...

Dog, let's say hi this coming weekend at the tourney. It'll be nice to see you and lie to you by telling you you're aging well.

peace.

11:22 AM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

Cool. But no hitting on T. Or Lucy for that matter.

I will be the guy walking around trying to get autographs of all the club players.

See ya

11:41 AM  
Blogger The Cruise said...

i almost axed for lamaldad's autograph while i was at sandblast,
but he was too busy yelling at muffin. and it might have just been his brother.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home