Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Nationals prep time. Last practice on Saturday. We had great weather for this late in October. A little cool in the morning and warmed up to a good fall temp with some wind. Great weather to play frisbee in. We have lucked out the past couple of months on our weekend practices. Now, Wed's are a different story.

I am not sure about other teams last practice, but we drill less and play more. I do not think everyone plays 100%, but it felt good and worked up a sweat.

My biggest dilemma is what to do Sun-Wed. Wed is usually a travel day so nothing doing there. Sunday, I rested, watched football, and worked. So it ended up as a day off. Ran yesterday, but not too long. And today, I do not know. Probably another off day, although I might try to sneak out for a short run and some sprints.

I want my legs to be rested. We are guaranteed 3 days of ultimate and at least 2 games every day. And with no ez games. But I do not want my legs to start dead.

I had some pretty good workouts all last week, so I am pretty psyched how I feel. A little different than last year where I was beat going into nationals. It wasn't just my workouts, but the idea of being in charge of a little one had my thoughts often occupied.

The one thing that keeps me going from last year was I got beat back to the disc 4 times. Ugh. That has been on my mind all year. It wasn't just great plays and the thrower had to throw it. I remember 3 of the times stopping and watching someone fly by. There is nothing like that is there? Seeing a horizontal body come by as your hands clap together. It is a good picture, I am sure. Definitely one that motivates you on runs/sprints/stairs when you are tired. I hope those pictures never go away (As long as I play).

With those d's on my mind, I have made sure that mentally and physically I am a little more prepared. All of the phases in my life are clicking: family, work, and frisbee. And it has made for a more enjoyable season. A season that I am really working on finishing stronger this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger parinella said...

Not to mention getting Callahaned by an old man.

Good luck, stsk.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home