Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hi, this is to celebrate my 10th year of frisbee. A recount of fall sectionals past.

1996 - soph year, been playing ~2 months. I am on the 11 man roster including karl, geoff, jon, blane, terry, wu, daves (miller, moran, hunter, murphy). My memories include running into Karl the nite before and developing the we play better hungover theory (karl later perfects the theory), almost taking half against truck causing a lot of yelling, meeting ricky for the first time, playing ~30 points in a 17-16 win against east lansing in the game to go (incidentaaly, 95% of my passes were to either dave moran or brian lane in the dump position, 95% of theose 95% were backhands).

1997 - first year w/ truck. We play butter (aa club + college guys) and the game is televised on local cable, I still have the tape in Niles somewhere. Sunday was the first day I ever played with TBPITG's brother, Matt. Karl point blocks blane and they get a close-up of it (although the commentator has no idea what his name is, I say this b/c my name gets mentioned and his never does. Me 1 Karl 0).

1998 - w/ truck, I remember nothing from this tourney besides eating breakfast w/Graham in the morning. I do remember we won.

1999 - the year Michigan Sectoinals mattered. There was a split, partially caused by me (someday I will write about this). Anyway, Papa Juice (my team) v. Cloverdale Invaders (we'll call it Ricky's team). Rainy day on Sunday during finals. We win the game by 1 or 2. I had almost as many turns as the rest of my team combined (11 turns, thank you very much). Here is the real reason to discuss this game, the fight. At some point in the game, Jimmy (my team) catches an under, I believe guarded by Dan Z. He appeared to be in (Dan never said anything) and Jimmy threw to me. Well, "Lobo" on ricky's team, from the sideline, starts arguing that he was out. Well, "CC" on my team, from the sideline, starts arguing no way. Then, both guys end up on the field arguing where his cleat mark was. Some more yelling and testosterone filled comments ended with CC pushing Lobo and Lobo responding with a left cross to the face. Down goes CC. Cooler heads step in (finally). Remember, neither guy is in this point. So we decide get the teams back to the sideline and then calm down. We score the point, me, matt, ricky, and eric (captains from both sides) discuss and kick both guys out of the game. Ugly, oh yeah, my mom was there too. Good times. And most importantly, we won!

2000 - truck reforms, as frau, I believe. Same old time sectionals. Nothing major, we get drunk at Graham's cabins. I try to do a turnover type game, similiar to one of the many ideas discussed on aj's blog. Well, did not work so well. Anyway, we won. Don't remember too much.

Well, I just finished lunch and now I have to work. Part II tomorrow, the move to the Northwest Plains Section!

1 Comments:

Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

The push-push-punch rule is sweet, I like it.

SOmeone has to remember something from 98 or else did we just get too drunk that weekend? I still think it was at those Southfield fields.

More fights/tussles I saw:

96 - fall regionals Madison v. Lemon (my brother who looks at me and says "Yeah, this sport is a lot different")

97 - Brendan from Madison punches Ricky Boes in the handshake line after we crush them at Cooler. Rikcy never speaks.

03 - Carrington + Paul get in a disagreement at Midwesterns, I get in the middle and Ryan pushes me away. I was his regional coordinator at the time, he has been noce to me ever since.

I am sure I have some more.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home