Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I really have nothing of interest right now.

9 teams have qualified. The top 3 seeds are set. Thank you Sockeye for finishing 3rd. Or do the Condors have an argument to sneak in there? Is one win enough? 4-8 will be some sort of Condors/Ring/Pike/Dog/Bravo assortment. I feel like it will be Condors (assuming 1 in their region)/Ring/Pike/Bravo/Dog. If bravo wins, then something like Bravo/Condors/Ring/Pike/Dog. It seems to me that dog will be 8(assuming a regional W) as the only team they are 500 against is pike, pike gets the nod b/c of last year's nationals. 4th is Condors' if they win, although they did lose to Ring at ECC, so I guess Ring could try to argue for 4th. What do I know? I would vote for David Ortiz.

Anyway, I think Chain is pretty much 9 (although I guess Chain beat Dog this year, so maybe Chain + dog switch, I would give the nod to dog b/c of last year) and #1 from Central should be 10 w/ D-wide 11. Vicious is 16. 12/13/14/15 will be Central #2, NE #2, SW #2, + Potomac. Most likely Potomac #12.

Right now, we are trying to get a 16th team for our regionals. The 15 team format is 4 pools with winner of pools going to semis. It actually would mean 4 games for us to win the tourney, so no change, although our 2 pool play games would be to 17 and we would play the #9 seed instead of #15. All other pools are pools of 4 and games to 11, I think. I was trying to convince myself that 2 games to 17 were better thAn 3 games to 11. I am not sure I can.

In very exciting news, I will be acting RC at regionals, since our rc plays co-ed in the Northeast. I held out for a good contract. I hope someone complains that they are not guaranteed enough games.

Last night, as it rained 4" (literally 4", you should have seen some of the intersections, luckily the Mississippi did not overflow into our house), we formulated our plan to make Hales' dump the disc one time during our game, when is the appropriate time for me to break Tim Halt's hand (the first time was fun), and how can we stop the Apes of Wrath?

Workouts: sat + sun practice, sunday also watched the TC Marathon, a friend from Running Fit, Paul ran it and was the 3rd Master's finisher. 28th overall, although I only saw him at mile 11 (where are practice is). I did my job of informing what Master's place he was (tied for 4th), which I guess was important since the top 5 got money. Mon was a lite run on the way home from work, 22 minutes. Felt ok. Yesterday went to run 10 x (50/70), let's just say the 4" started at the 3rd set, so hopefully I will be able to get to it tonite. The weather is looking cool for regionals in Milwaukee, although if it is sunny, it will be a great fall day to play.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tarr said...

who sez those games are to 11?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Schmelz said...

Can we work out a format where we play only one game to 33 on Saturday?

I wish I had some "good old days" to reference, but I'm only 24.

2:57 PM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

Uh oh, I might have assumed wrong on the format issue. The format king is watching....

That was an assumption on my part, I will admit. It has to be either 11 or 13 though so the points scored by the undefeated teams should be roughly equal, correct? So if we play to 17, that give the winner of our pool 34 points (again no ot). The other pool would be to 11 (33 total points) or 13 (39 total points).

Again, I assumed 11. In reality, I am ust waiting for Adam to tell me.

And Pfil, don't rip on the upa. You have seen my wrath!!! Too bad, East Plains sectionals weren't to 11. Then you guys might be in our pool!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home