Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Observer request. Any player interested in observing in Milwaukee on October 9th, please come on over to the Polo Fields. Should be a good time. Please contact here.

Now, I have seen observer requests the night before at a captain's meeting, but never 3 weeks before over rsd. It seems that Truck does not like the way that we and/or Machine play. Because observers are not needed for October 8th only the 9th. This assumes that they are needed for the finals with Truck + whoever wins the Machine/SZ game (again, assuming everything goes to seed).

This is funny to me for a couple of reasons. First, we are in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is not exactly a hotbed of ultimate. Although there are some pretty good players who reside in Milwaukee, none of them play in Milwaukee. Those players who could observe probably do not know that the 10th edition rules exist. That means someone will have to commute to Milwaukee just to observe. And anyone who is willing to do that will probably be there to play.

Second, there are never observers at regionals. Ok, I know this is not a good reason not to have observers this year. BUT, the reason there are never observers at regionals is everyone is playing at regionals. It is the club season. Anyone + everyone can play. So that means most qualified people are playing.

Third, this guy is willing to have anyone observe. He does not care who it is, he just want someone in an orange jersey there just in case. Now, if Tarr or Mike G. show up and they are ready to observe, great qualified observers. If your average Milwaukee player shows up (with beer in hand) and wants to observe, does he/she actually make the game better? Have they every played at this level before? Or seen it? Maybe paradise could do it.

Incidentally, can you deny observers for your game if they are not qualified? Has that ever been done before. I guess observer requests have only been done at nationals before, where they do have qualified guys. Any experience with kicking an inexperienced observer off the field? Can that be done? (Seroiusly, i want to know if it can)

Fourth, Graham used to hate observers and complain when they are used. Now, his team asks for them (I am sure he would disagree). If anything, that takes Graham out of his hack + travel game ;). I guess there are advantages...

Quickly, Beck concert = sweet. He played a lot of new stuff + old stuff mainly from Odelay. Also, played a couple songs in a medley (very prince-esque). Good stuff, love this guy.

Workouts, Monday 30 minutes. Nothing fancy.

Tuesday 15 x (60-90), start the watch at the first 60. You have a minute to finish each sprint and get back to the start line. During the 60s, that is easy. During the 90s, it gets kind of tough. In total, the workout take 29 minutes + ~13 seconds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Funny, on the one day I'm bored at work and discovering ultimate blogs, I actually find myself the subject of a post.

The observer request is actually from a woman named Natalie who emailed some players she knew on various teams, one of which forwarded the email to the BAT email list, which prompted in turn to post a request. She is looking for observers for the semis, finals, and back-door games.

As for us needing them- I think you may be right, Graham is probably pissed at me right now. And if I remember correctly, it was SZ that didn't like how We played at CHC, no?

Also, I think she's hoping some quality players who aren't one of the four teams in the semis, who might've lost already, will help out. As to you disqualifying them, be my guest.

Lastly, Ricky is going to the Beck concert tomorrow night in Detroit. I'll tell him you said it's a good show.

Tyler
BAT

1:45 PM  
Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

I love it. I am glad to make you a subjet, I was hoping for a better story then just truck wanted observers.

I totally agree w/ the "why isn't zero requesting opinion"... I mentioned this earlier on my little tune up right up. I was not to happy with our complaining of your calls (we do not have to discuss the validity).

See you in the land of Craig Frankland.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home