Thursday, September 08, 2005

First things first, I got home from work last nite at 11:30. Just in time to catch the 5th set of Blake-Agassi on CBS. I am not a huge tennis fan, but I easily got wrapped up in this. An awesome 5th set. Every 5 minutes, it seemed like the one guy was about to run away with the match. Entertaining stuff. It was so good Ashe stadium was still packed at 1 am eastern time. It is one of the first times I wish I had that tivo thingy.

No chicago pools or anything yet. It occured to me yesterday that this tourney will be my 2nd longest consecutive tourney. This will be my 9th in a row.

1997 w/ BAT - this was the first time that I saw really, really good frisbee. We had been crushed by Z at Cooler that year, but we went to Chicago and teams were just very good. I do not remember much besides losing to Sockeye at double game during the final round (the last game going on). Incidentally, I had a wide open throw to win the game earlier to a wide open Karl. Hender decided it was to him and laid out and d'd. I am not bitter. Also, I remember playing dog and Tross landing on me. In case you did not know, he is a little bigger then me. Oh yeah, I believe Graham pulled a Chris Weber on double game point against the Hounds.

1998 w/ BAT - I remember even less from this one b/c we were worse. I also remember SZ steamrolling us on Sunday

1999 w/ Papa! - The year of the "split", we lost to furious, chain, and sz. All by a combined 5 or 6 points. Then we really started to stink. We also lost to Madison and Lope crushed me twice. And then afterwards a couple Madison guys came up to me to say doesn't he play great defense. Yeah, except for when he lands on my ankles.

2000 w/ Frau (BAT) - I have no idea what happened, we were worse then in 98 though.

2001 w/ SZ - I forget pool play, besides doing fairly well. We get up on dog in the semis and a very bad rain comes down and Sammy drops a pull and we end up losing. I do not think it is sam's fault though. I dropped a disc at some point, it just was not a pull. Paco had one of the most amazing catch d's on Moses in this game. I think one of the top 10 d's I witnessed ever.

2002 w/ SZ - frustrating year b/c we had done so well at Worlds. Still made it to semis b/c of point diff and dog losing by 3 or 4 to someone in the last round. We get beat by E. Pig or Anodyne in semis.

2003 w/ SZ - this was the year when Portland had a huge comeback on us, something like 10-4 and lost 11-10. Or something. Anyway, it was very ugly. We still end up 1st or 2nd in our pool b/c someone crushes Portland later. It did not really get better. Although I believe we beat dog in pool play somehow.

2004 w/ SZ - went 3-0 in the first pool, beat the oaks, lcn, and dog (big comeback to win by 1). Then lose the rest of our games, including blowing an 8-4 lead against Madison, losing ugly to Machine, and then losing at universe point to doublewide and ring. The first half of the madison game was good, some pretty sweet plays. I remember the double winona t-bag.

So 8 years so far, 2 semis appearances so far. Unfortunately, no finals. 3 very memorable loses (portland 03, dog 01, sockeye 97). Some decent wins (dog 03 + 04). Although in the late 90s, early 00s, this was the tourney. Then the west coast teams start winning and no one travel here anymore. Then the east coast stop travelling here. Bummer. We need to win and make everyone come to aquatennial.

Lastly, workouts:
T- 10 x 50/100/50 (3/4 mile up + down). 30 seconds between rep and 2 minutes between set. Fun workout. I always feel like I can run the 50 fast and the 100s felt good (high 13s/low 14s). My favorite part was the random older gentleman coming up to me to tell me he was running his 100s just as fast. Not sure how I should have taken that.

W- 1.5 mile run to work. Later, 25 minutes (15 minutes ez, 1/2 mile hard ~2:50, 8 minutes ez). Both days I finished my 100/200 for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home