Monday, November 14, 2005

Some more personal evaluation of natties

Jam - If I would have played by best game ever, I think we lose that game 15-8 instead of 15-7. The only thing I wonder about this game was could we as captains done anything different to be more competitive in this game? Or did we need this ass-kicking. Also, gave Bart a charlie horse. And got a d on him.

Pike - Start off on D v. these guys. I took Danny the first point or 2, but switched onto Bailey when I realized, hey, he pretty much plays like me. I thought I did a pretty good on him. Made him work hard, got a deep d on him, and had a almost point block that resulted in a beautiful d by Shane. That eventually gave us the lead. I threw a couple goals. Eventually, finished the game playing on the o team a little more due to injuries, but came in on an injury sub on the final d point to score the game-winner. Also, Bailey gave me a compliment "You are the only ultimate player who makes me feel fat." Skinniest guy in competitive ultimate!

VC - Play a fair mix of both O and D. Nothing too spectacular early in the game, mainly throwing hammers against some weird zone that left the middle open. A d later in the 2nd half. One cheap play on game point where the guy is riding my leg and I just throw it and call a foul. That was fun. No turns, but nothing spectacular.

I was very happy with my Thursday play. NO turns, a couple ds. Threw and caught some goals.

JB - moved to O b/c we are unsure of TO's status. I think I should involved him more early instead of easing him back into it. I put a lot of the responsibility that TO does on myself and AB. But I was not sure how he would go. By the end, it was obvious he was ok. Involved in 2 turns. 1. a bad throw by me to Jacob. 2. a throw to boardman where he started to cut deep and I threw the under. I threw a couple goals. And got a d or 2. 2nd half we fell apart, I feel as a captain, that is where I failed most in this game.

Potomac - again mainly O. Did get some d points late in 1st half and beyond. Threw a very weak hammer that should have been a turn, but Boardman saved. So no turns this game. I was happy b/c my man started always sprinting down and right in my grill, eventually was not playing at the end of the game. I like outlasting people. Again, some assists and some goals. I do not remember any d's, but I felt I was good as a deep deep when we played zone against them.

Friday- involved in 2 turns. Not nearly as many ds, but we make it to the quarters.

FG - back mainly on the d, although a decent # of o points throughout the game. I covered, mainly, one of their 2 guys on O that does not do much. I was hoping to be able to sneak away and get a couple ds. But major attempts of me poaching resulted in goals. One where I am not sure how I did not get. Another one that Pbo makes a beautiful run, tips it, but my man still catches it. So not very successful poaching. I did not get a d during the game, but I do not think that I played horrible d. We broke 3 times. I threw the last goal. Called the play on the 2nd goal after a to. And the first goal, I do not think was after a timeout, but I am not sure. Goldstein caught it, I forget from who. As I can remember, I was involved in 3 or 4 turns. 1. bad, moonball hammer by me. 2. OUt of timeout, miscommunication between chaz and I on the dump. I started going the other way he threw the same way. 3. The to on gamepoint us where I needed to get open. 4. I think I threw the disc that was dropped on 14s. So involved in only 2 turns all weekend until then. Craptastic. I threw a couple of deep goals late which felt good. I did not throw an incomplete huck all weekend until the elimination games.

I won't evaluate my play of the elim games. I just do not like doing it. Although I threw ~3 or 4 turns in them.

All in all, pretty good weekend. As a player, I would have liked to get at least 1 d against furious. Also, not been involved in so many turns. And also help stop the bleeding more in the Bravo game. I must admit though of thinking a lot of the 2nd half of the Furious game more than anything.

As a captain, late in the furious game, making sure we knew what to do with a high stall count was a brain fart. Also, at 14-12 it seemed we may have relaxed a little. I could have stressed the importance of ending the game on d. The 2nd half of the Bravo game still remains a mystery. They played well that is for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home